Argonne National Laboratory Software Engineer in Lemont, Illinois
Requisition Number: 403586 Location: Lemont, IL
Functional Area: Research and Development Division: MSD-Materials Science Division
Employment Category: Temporary 6 Months or Greater Shift: 8:30 - 5:00
Level (Grade): RD2 Share: Facebook LinkedIn Twitter
Excellent candidates are sought with experience in the development of complex software architectures to support the development and deployment of MICCoM codes and of analysis codes for molecular dynamics and electronic structure calculations.
The software engineers will work with a team of 10+ PhDs/postdocs contributing to the development of codes currently supported by MICCoM ( http://miccom-center.org/software.html ).
Major duties and responsibilities:
- Develop, test, deploy and maintain core functionalities
- Communicate with users for support, feedback, and strategic development
- Develop plugins for code interoperability
- Facilitate the creation of scientific workflows
- Remote resources management (supercomputers, servers, and storage)
Skills and experience:
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s and 5+ years; Master’s and 3+ years; or Doctorate and 0+ years of experience or equivalent
- Proficient in C++ , Fortran, Python, Cuda
- Algorithm optimization and parallel programming (MPI, OpenMP)
- Managing large codes/projects in a team (including version control systems, issue trackers, unit test, continuous integration)
- Knowledge of software design, debugging/profiling tools
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to work in a team
A scientific background (e.g. physical or engineering sciences) is preferred.
Typical candidates will be independent and motivated individuals with MSc or PhD in Computer Science, Physics, Chemistry or Chemical Engineering or comparable skills and experience.
As an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer, Argonne National Laboratory is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace that fosters collaborative scientific discovery and innovation. In support of this commitment, Argonne encourages minorities, women, veterans and individuals with disabilities to apply for employment. Argonne considers all qualified applicants for employment without regard to age, ancestry, citizenship status, color, disability, gender, gender identity, genetic information, marital status, national origin, pregnancy, race, religion, sexual orientation, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.