Argonne National Laboratory Postdoctoral Appointment - Magnetic Films in Lemont, Illinois
Postdoctoral Appointment - Magnetic Films
Requisition Number: 405108 Location: Lemont, IL
Functional Area: Research and Development Division: MSD-Materials Science Division
Employment Category: Temporary 6 Months or Greater Education Required: Doctorate Degree
Level (Grade): 700 Shift: 8:30 - 5:00 Share: Facebook LinkedIn Twitter
We invite you to apply for a Postdoctoral Appointee position with our Materials Science Division (MSD).
In this role you will:
- Work on spin transport and magnetization dynamics in complex magnetic heterostructures in the Magnetic Films Group in the Materials Sciences Division.
- Emphasis will be on thin film deposition, device fabrication using lithographic techniques, structural, magnetic, and transport measurements, and numerical simulations using micromagnetic approaches.
- Develop and execute independent research projects.
- Towards this end we will consider projects within a wide range of topics as they relate to magnetic heterostructures.
We expect you to have:
- Ph.D. in physics, materials science, electrical engineering or similar with emphasis on condensed matter physics phenomena related to magnetism.
- A strong experimental and theoretical background in magnetism, thin film deposition, lithographic processing, magnetometry and transport measurementsmagnetization is desired.
- Experience with experimental measurement development and numerical simulations using micromagnetic approaches are highly desirable.
- The candidate is expected to think and work independently and conduct research in a highly interdisciplinary environment of physicists and materials scientists.
- Disseminate research results regularly via publications and presentations.
To be eligible, candidates must have completed their Ph.D. within the last three years.
As an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer, Argonne National Laboratory is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace that fosters collaborative scientific discovery and innovation. In support of this commitment, Argonne encourages minorities, women, veterans and individuals with disabilities to apply for employment. Argonne considers all qualified applicants for employment without regard to age, ancestry, citizenship status, color, disability, gender, gender identity, genetic information, marital status, national origin, pregnancy, race, religion, sexual orientation, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.