Argonne National Laboratory Postdoctoral Appointment - Institute for Molecular Engineering, MICCoM in Lemont, Illinois
Postdoctoral Appointment - Institute for Molecular Engineering, MICCoM
Requisition Number: 404872 Location: Lemont, IL
Functional Area: Research and Development Division: MSD-Materials Science Division
Employment Category: Temporary 6 Months or Greater Education Required: Doctorate Degree
Level (Grade): 700 Shift: 8:30 - 5:00 Share: Facebook LinkedIn Twitter
We expect you to have:
• Doctorate degree in physics, chemistry, physical chemistry or related disciplines and experience in the area of quantum simulations, first principles molecular dynamics and electronic structure.
• Skills and knowledge of quantum chemistry, density functional and many body perturbation theory, and of high performance computer simulation codes.
• Background and experience in carrying out large scale first principles molecular dynamics simulations and electronic structure calculations.
• Experience with advanced code developments and manuscript preparation
• Excellent problem solving skills and communication skills, both oral and written, and critical thinking
As an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer, Argonne National Laboratory is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace that fosters collaborative scientific discovery and innovation. In support of this commitment, Argonne encourages minorities, women, veterans and individuals with disabilities to apply for employment. Argonne considers all qualified applicants for employment without regard to age, ancestry, citizenship status, color, disability, gender, gender identity, genetic information, marital status, national origin, pregnancy, race, religion, sexual orientation, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.